Many people make the annual trip to drive on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk for McDonald’s Holiday Lights at the Beach, and now there’s something new to see. Beach Street USA has unveiled Santa’s Seaside Village at Atlantic & 30th Street, presented by Catch31.
There are several reasons to go to Santa’s Seaside Village:
- Santa Cabana, anyone? He’s in the house nearly every evening, which begs the question, “who’s managing Christmas Eve prep?”
- Carnival and pony rides (separate admission)
- Merchant Square promises to yield fun gifts
- Entertainers like carolers and storytellers will be present on select dates
Admission is $4 per person (children 2 and younger are free [here’s a $1 off coupon for you]), or a family four pack for $10 (each additional $3). However, the best way to enjoy all that the resort area has to offer is to simply buy a $20 combo ticket to drive the Boardwalk and tour the Village.
Enjoy a treat at Santa’s Sweet Shoppe, but don’t spoil your appetite. Try Catch31 for dinner. If it’s not too cold, ask to sit outside around a fire pit.
Plan to stay the night, of course. Several hotels are offering packages that incorporate these fun attractions:
- Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach
- Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront
At this point, you might as well make a full weekend of it and take in Christmas Town at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, too. A single-day admission is $35 or if you think you’ll have time to make another trip, pay the same rate and get the Fun Card for unlimited visits.
Photo by Flickr user mccready.